Google’s latest search engine update (code name: Panda) caused a ranking drop for many websites. Google wants to reduce the rankings of low-quality content in the search results.
Google has published some questions that will help you to judge the quality of your site:
Can your web page content be trusted?
- Would you trust the information presented in your article?
- Is the article written by an expert or enthusiast who knows the topic well, or is it more shallow in nature?
- Would you be comfortable giving your credit card information to the site?
- Is the site a recognized authority on its topic?
- For a health related query, would you trust information from the site?
- Would you recognize the site as an authoritative source when mentioned by name?
- Is the website the sort of page you’d want to bookmark, share with a friend, or recommend?
- Would users complain when they see pages from the site?